RNN14-101078

Aussie Mick

Sep 3, 2018
Hi Everyone, this is my 1993 GTIR. I live in Queensland, Australia. I have been looking for one of these there for about 3 years. There has been lots of these cars for sale in Australia, but not many that were low kilometres and mostly original. I am restoring my car to original condition as it would of left the factory. I've had it now for 6 months and it's heading to the panel and paint shop next month. I will post up pictures after I've finished the rebuild. I hope I have given enough information for my car to be added to the registrar. Thank you for letting me join the site, I look forward to learning a lot about these cars from you all. I hope the pictures are ok. If I have done anything incorrectly please let me know. I'm not great with computers etc. Cheers, Mick.

IMG_2800.JPG

IMG_2801.JPG

IMG_2802.JPG

IMG_2803.JPG

GTI-R Registry

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 14, 2017
Edited your title - the 6 digits after "RNN14" are always numbers, so that's a "7" rather than a "T" :)

Screen Shot 2018-09-04 at 2.10.30 PM.jpg

That's quite a rare combination?

There were only 179 TJ1 RA models during Series 2, and only 31 of those came with the sunroof option.

Aussie Mick

Sep 3, 2018
Thank you for the information about my car. I really appreciate it.  Sorry about the incorrect digit (T instead of a 7) I should get my eyes checked.

Also is there a way I could find out how many of the 31 cars with a sunroof are left? I would find that interesting.

Thank you for your help. Cheers Mick.

Last edited by a moderator:

GTI-R Registry

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 14, 2017
No way of knowing how many are left unfortunately. They could be anywhere in the world :)

Aussie Mick

Sep 3, 2018
That's a very good point. I'm really glad I picked this car up. Thank you for your information. I really appreciate it. Cheers,  Mick