RNN14-020124

Moss Ali

Sep 13, 2017

Imported from Japan: 1999

Mileage: 109 000 Miles

I've had the car since 2014. Bought it from Spec One Engineering in Birmingham who were selling it on behalf of the owner at the time. Contacted the guy who owned it from 2010-2013 via the GTIR-OC after the purchase and he said he bought it from Reddich and was told the gearbox had been rebuilt and that the engine had some work done too (I have a receipt from Tuning Japanese in Aldershot dated 2007 showing 'Engine and Transmission Assembly' for £2,500, along with a host of other work such as a hybrid turbo, etc, totalling to over £8,000). Also said he replaced the arches due to rust and had the engine rebuilt in 2012 (said he had pictures of the rebuild and I asked for these to be sent to me but no luck).

The car has had various new parts over the years (brake callipers, oil and water pumps, water hoses, OEM head bolts, DET sensor, master cylinder, wheel bearings, track rod ends, timing belt, etc, etc) so seems to have been well maintained mechanically (have a stack of receipts from 2007 to now) and I personally have spent more money on the car than I can afford, including replacing the sills as she was suffering from terrible corrosion and rot along both sides, outer and inner (see pictures below). Car is nicely modded for good performance whilst maintaining a good level of reliability (see details below) and drives almost perfectly. The gearbox is tight and smooth and the engine pulls strongly on boost (1.2 bar), producing 332 bhp and 318 lbs ft. Bob at GTI-R Us had to turn the timing down 1 or 2 degrees, otherwise the torque produced would have been too high for the stage 1 clutch and transmission reliability at well over 330 lbs ft. Also, the injectors, air flow meter, ECU, etc. would have been maxed out at the power levels achieved.

Modifications

Engine

Polished crank
86mm CP forged pistons
Cosworth 1.5 mm hg
ARP con-rod bolts
ACL race bearings
New head bolts

Mine’s ecu

Turbo Technics stage 1 Garrett hybrid turbo (360 thrust bearings)

Braided turbo lines

Uprated turbo elbow (from Bogdan)

Large fmic

Blitz SUS air filter
Hi-teq induction hard pipe

Polished and ported exhaust manifold with blueprinted head exhaust ports at GTIRUS

Mongoose 2.5 down pipe and decat exhaust with 4-inch tail pipe

Walbro 255 fuel pump
Sonic cleaned injectors

New water pump
New Nissan oil pump
Samco coolant hoses front and rear
Japspeed aluminium race radiator
Nismo Thermostat
Gizmo ms-ibc boost controller 1.25 bar boost
Greddy turbo timer
Magnecore kv85 leads
NGK BR8ES spark plugs

Powerflex engine mount

Carbon canister removed

Transmission

Exedy stage 1 organic clutch
Uprated Gtir-R-Us clutch fork

3rd gear has been shot-peened

Replaced and strengthened clutch pedal box at GTIRUS

Polyurethane gearbox shift bushings

Suspension

Tein adjustable coilovers with adjustable top mounts

Whiteline anti-lift kit
Whiteline Subframe Align and Lock kit

Whiteline front and rear sway bars

Nismo front strut brace
Cusco rear strut brace

SuperPro front and rear adjustable camber bolts
Modena front LSD (to be fitted)

Brakes

Front Hi-Spec 4 pot calipers 285 mm discs with EBC pads
Rear new calipers with std pads
HEL braided lines front and rear

MORE PICS TO COME ONCE SHE'S HAD A WASH AND HOOVER :)

IMG_20150624_105134.jpg

20161014_153428_HDR.jpg

Brunner 2.JPG

20141121_124529.jpg

20170221_154912.jpg

IMG-20170218-WA0003.jpg

20140802_150130.jpg

IMG-20150803-WA0008.jpg

20150717_145134.jpg

Last edited: